Executive Chef EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke will visit the esteemed James Beard Foundation House to cook this Saturday, May 16 at 7 p.m. The mission of the esteemed Greenwich Village brownstone seeks to invite chefs to perform, thus celebrating and preserving America’s culinary heritage and future.
Hodgkinson crafted a menu showcasing King + Duke’s style. Named a must-visit spot by Esquire and GQ, Ford Fry’s restaurant focuses on open-hearth cooking and reimagined classic American dishes. Hodgkinson’s Beard House menu includes:
· Hors d’oeuvres like Roasted Quail and Sourwood Honey; Georgia Tomato Tart with Ricotta and Coal-roasted Vidalia Onions; and North Carolina Shrimp with Spicy Sapelo Island Clam Butter
· First course: Whiskey-cured Georgia Trout, Heirloom Tomatoes, Marinated Field Peas, Cucumber, Preserved Lemon, and Torn Herbs
· Second course: Spring Mountain Chicken Torchon with Bacon, Coal-roasted Summer Vegetables, and Barigoule
· Third course: Root Beer-braised Rabbit and Dumplings, Leeks, Morel, and Jus
· Fourth course: Ribeye a la Wellington with Smoked Mushroom Duxelle, Bone Marrow Potatoes, King Crab Butter, and Horseradish
· Dessert: Key Lime Pie with Blueberry and Basil